Friday, August 29, 2008





Hey Gals...



Well school started for me on Wednesday and as you all know i am driving to Orem everyday for school.. Well my schedule said my class started at 8 in the morning and i was thinking i could handle that... Then i got a call from the secretary at the culinary building informing me that class started at 6!!! And yes i said 6 in the freakin morning, which means in order for me to get to school on time i have to wake up at 4 every single day...AHHHHH Haha other then that school is AMAZING! It is so weird to think that my class is actually school... because it is fun and interesting and we cook really yummy things and eat them... I mean how much better can it get!? I haven't gotten mu uniforms yet because they forgot to send my order in.. lame i know.. So for now i am just wearing a temporary uniform until mine come in. The uniforms are SO SO ugly.. besides the chef coats which are really sweet, adn i look like a boy everyday! :) I got all of my tools yesterday and they are Awesome!! ( in the picture...) My teacher's name is Chef Alberto Diaz and you can catch him teaching cooking shows on channel 13 on thursdays .. i think.. He is so fun and he is really nice! HE hates lectures so we spend most of our time in the kitchens making Artisan bread which is our first subject. I will post some pictures of my food and uniforms as soon as i take some pics!! SO overall college is really really good!! I love ya all and i will keep you updated !!

2 comments:

Sweet Girl said...

Katie- Where were you to cook me one of your fabulous cakes for my birthday?! Not even Cindy cooked one! Good luck with waking up every morning- sucks to be you!lol
Tera~

Lizzie Fizzie said...

Dude! coolio Kate!. . .:) the 6 AM makes me smile, but i do feel bad!