Thursday, April 8, 2010

M.E.M.O.R.I.E.S


Memories. What do you think of when you hear the word memories? . . . Some people are really book smart. Some people are street smart. Some people have amazing memories. Some people have the ability to retain a ton of non important information. . . I have a little bit of each, but I'm no expert or gifted student. But there is one thing unique about me. I have a passion for memories. I think this is why i love scrapbooking so much. The creativity and color and tools are neat, but my scrapbooks are simple. I leave lots of space to journal and like just now i spent 20 minutes looking at the scrapbook pages i've done this last semester of The Possey. I reread everything i wrote and smiled at my own tactic and humor.
Some would say, including myself, that i have too much time on my hands, that i don't use my time wisely, but this fascination in remembering events has to be for some reason. Sometimes when i write in my journal (yes, i have a journal i write in) I get caught up in reading experiences i've had and remembering the feelings, the people, the life i've lived.
I'm learning how important our decisions we make in life are. The everyday choices and the largely important ones. I remember sad times in our life, like when we lost someone we loved dearly. Take Shalleen for instance. She is this beautiful, strong, amazing young woman who has turned out twice as good as i could of even hoped myself to turn out, if i had faced her same trials. Or i think of mistakes I've made and am disappointed in myself, but then i RemEmBer that although the mistakes were stupid, i learned from them and I am a better person today. As i remember I am reminded of my Savior's love, He who is so merciful and perfect, I am in awe.
My memories remind me that I am not alone in this world. I would not be the person i am without the people who have influenced and touched my life. Women, teachers, leaders, family, friends.

1 comment:

leen said...

I love you liz!..... you are one of the most amazing people i know. So beautiful, strong, outgoing, and determined, plus many other wonderful things! I couldn't ask for a better friend or a better group of friends! We all help each other and our love can't ever be replaced or erased! Thank you for your insights!
love, shalleen