Sunday, April 3, 2011

ApRiL showers BrIng on them May Flowers!!!


Oh my dearest bloggers. You are guys are so devoted and good! I love your faithfulness!

Today was General Conference! I got to watch it with my adopted family in Osceola. They give me my own room, feed me good, and let me use their washer. It's awesome! Haha . . but seriously, i love conference! It made me miss my family though :/ . . when we were kids, Sunday sessions my parents would make us all sit together in the family room and watch (and i'm glad they did). We would pull out these brown, rickety, plastic type tv trays. We'd pull up one of the many wooden chairs in our house. We'd draw a "speaker" on a piece of paper and tape it to the tray. Then we'd have a pile of important papers (coloring books) and writing utensils. We'd have inter-office discussions or requests via our speakers. Haha it was awesome. I loved being a kid and having 2 brothers that would always play with me.

Easter is in a few weeks! I get to speak in Sacrament that day, so you're all invited! I opened my peeps I bought this weekend. I love peeps. They are good soft, they are good hard. They're good at Easter or Christmas. Some of my favorite Easter memories are when we'd go down to my Uncle Jack's farm. We'd spend time together, because it was usually still cold. We'd color eggs and have an easter egg hunt outside. . . or when we had our Easter party with the White's. Candy everywhere and those few eggs with quarters in them. Haha my cousins have been growing up quickly lately! One is on a mission, one is engaged, others are already in college. . . i joke a lot with the saying "Oh to be young again" .. but i miss the simplicity in spending time with my family and friends!
So i finally broke down over spring break. . and i bought myself a flower. Not just a little flower, because, I'm gonna wear a flower, i'm gonna wear a flower. And i love it.
This is my new ring. I'm not really a ring person, well really the story goes, i had one in high school and then i lost it. . but then i got another one last year and i've kept my blue CTR ring for over a year. My new ring is a silver band, which i'm totally fine if that's what my wedding ring looks like, but this one was inscribed by mel and it reads "E cousins for eternity M." It means a lot to me and i adore the thoughtfulness and beauty of it.
I had an exciting spring break in the middle of March! I flew into Phoenix to see my old teammate and friend Breanne! We drove to San Francisco and then Oregon! This is at Crater Lake, the 3rd deepest lake in the U.S. It's on the top of a volcano! And it was FREEZING!
This is in China Town in San Francisco! I LOVED San Fran! I can't wait to be a successful business woman and live in a small apartment that's outrageously expensive and live the big city life! We ate at this sketchy Chinese restaurant, rode a trolley, viewed the Golden Gate Bridge, walked the Pier, ate at Little Italy and had a TON of fun together! We were at some shopping stores by Uof C Berkley and Bre and i had to pee so bad. . . we couldn't find a bathroom ANYWHERE! . . we saw some kid taking a box of things into a dorm hall. . so we followed him in, hopped on the elevator, picked the 3rd floor and the doors opened to .. . . A Bathroom! We were stoked! haha
This was at the Pier in this old arcade game set-up. Look familiar? It's the game from Princess Diaries that the Queen plays! Haha
Breanne and I at the San Francisco Bay with Alcatraz in the background. (That's a famous prison).
Oh, hey, i turned 21!!! . . . i've been waiting FOREVER to turn 21 ... because that's when you can do stuff!!! . . . . Like

1 comment:

fern said...

i love peeps too- it looks like such a fun trip!!