Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentines Day!


It's 2:37 AM on Tuesday morning. I'm awake. Why you ask? . . . Well that's a great question. I have a "going to bed problem" . . going to bed and showering seem like such party pooper of ideas, so i try to avoid them till the very last second. The dumb thing is, i always regret that decision.

I'm actually awake because i'm browsing through my Macroeconomics reading material for tomorrow. It's a book called 'The Return of Depression Economics' it's all working up to what cause the Recession of 08. You know what did? Speculation. A bunch of stuff, but mainly it was because we American's thought we were going to go into a recession, so we stopped spending, we got out of the stock market and we had a recession. Of course it's a bit more complicated than that. . .and i haven't actually reached that chapter yet, so i could be wrong, but from what i've learned in class so far, that's why it happened. I knew we were always in control.

It's like when we were in high school and no one wanted to take that stupid English test. I knew that if none of us came to class the next day, we wouldn't have to take it. But not everyone was ever willing to stick together and not show up. . . but if we did all ban together, we could do some jaw dropping things.

Today was Valentine's Day. The people who hate V-day or call it 'Single-Awareness Day' are such pesimists. I find it a wonderfully refreshing holiday (and yes, i'm single). Plus i absolutely ADORE all holiday candy. Especially candy hearts! . . i gave out the girls on my hall my Barbie Valentine's i bought at Dollar General the other day. No better way to say i love you then from Barbie saying "You've got style!" And Barbie knows style.

I found skype yesterday. Beautiful little gift right there. I can't believe it took me so long to get it, but it's absolutely wonderful!

I have 5 classes this semester. Four of them are business/economics related. The other one is art history. My art history teacher actually asks us to draw some art pieces, which i was completely flabbergasted about. It's ART HISTORY, not ART. . . but it'll be fine. I aced our first test last week. Although it was my favorite time period with Impressionism, Neo-Impressionism, Post-Impressionism and Cubism, but i'm learning a lot still, for when i travel the world and want to appreciate art in the museums i go to. I'm also learning a lot in my other classes, everything keeps tying in together, i just hope it'll stick in my brain. I watched 'Wall Street' the other day and everything they talked about including moral hazard, bonds, stocks, etc were all of the things i've been learning about, so it was exciting to have an idea of all the jist! Learning is fun that way!

We have 3 games left in our season! I'm excited for them! Haha, it's been a long season, but i love being in the Mid-West. I love the open spaces and small towns and friendly people. I love my family and friends and my Savior Jesus Christ. I love my ward and my calling as primary chorister. It's 2:48 and i still have 20 pages to go, so i bid thee all goodnight! :)

6 comments:

fern said...

good blog update.... but i am still trying to wrap my head around the picture of cindy molesting a turkey!!

Lizzie Fizzie said...

Haha, i know. i went to put up a picture of what i've been doing lately and saw that and realized everyone needs to see it.

Rose said...

Hey Liz! It's nice to know that out of the 6+ girls who update this blog, one of you has a life to write about. Nothing since Nov! Come on! I'm glad you are brave enough to leave Utah and explore other parts of the country. It's great to widen your perspective of the world and possibly leave your mark in a good way! Way to go, Liz!

Melenoma said...

Oh sin-sin. you crazy. you are taking art history again?? haven't you taken it like 3 times? Haha! jk I miss those days. Love you cousin.
ps- you should see the valentine my mom gave me ha! its a magnet!

Lizzie Fizzie said...

lol thanks Rose! . . mel i wanna see ur valentine! You should get skype and then we can skype! .. and this is the 3rd time i've taken an art history class. THe one in high school was from beginning of time till now. EAC was from beginning of time till medieval. And NOW i'm taking 1800-Now. I actually love it, but i'm very forgetful. lols!

Anonymous said...

Oh my our Mother is CR@ZY!